Whole School Evaluation (WSE)Return to Board of Management.
A Whole School Evaluation was carried out by the Department of Education and Skills in May 2013. The Department published a formal report on its website.
On 25th October 2016 a 'Follow-Through Inspection of Our Lady’s Grove Primary School' was conducted. The final report has now been published on the Department’s website.
Summary of Findings
- Good progress has been made on the recommendations regarding communication between home and school.
- Good progress has been made on the school’s planning process as a means of bringing about improvement.
- Good progress has been made in the development of the curriculum leadership role of the in-school management team.
- Partial progress has been made on the development of a whole school approach to assessment for learning and the systematic use of assessment information to guide greater differentiation of teaching and learning.
- To build on the work to date on assessment.
- To advance both the involvement of parents in in-school activities and the work of the Student Council.
- To plan the implementation of more formal evidence-based strategies for monitoring the impact of school improvement initiatives on pupil’s learning.
- To further develop teachers’ short term planning to guide teaching and learning.
To view the reports click on the links below.